St. Lawrence Gap
St. Lawrence Gap is located on the south coast of Barbados and is famous for its collection of restaurants and nightlife. Yellow Bird Hotel is situated at the start of “The Gap” as it is affectionately called so our guests can experience Barbados by simply stepping out of our hotel.
Things to do in St. Lawrence Gap:
- Dine at a fine restaurant – there are many local options as well as Indian, Thai, Chinese, Mexican, Italian etc.
- Sample tasty food from one of the Gap vendors
- Chill at a popular bar and watch the world go by
- Dance the night away at a lively club
- Snorkel on a reef or swim with the turtles
- Watch fishermen bring in their catch – better yet, buy some fresh fish and cook it in our rooms!
- Swim at Worthing Beach (2 mins walk) or Dover Beach (8 mins walk)
- Pick up a gift or a souvenir from the Chattel Village or one of the other shops
- Purchase some staples at the local convenience store
- Hop on the reggae bus and visit Bridgetown or visit another Bajan beach
- Attend a local church service on a Sunday morning
- Visit the café at Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary open for breakfast, lunch or a snack
- Take the bus to Oistins Bay Gardens, just 5 mins drive away. Open nightly but on Friday nights particularly, the food is the main draw – fresh fish, (tuna, swordfish, marlin, mahi-mahi, flying fish), lobster, chicken etc. cooked right in front of you
In addition to this vibrant and diverse atmosphere, our hotel enjoys an enviable location of facing the St. Lawrence Bay and Boardwalk, where the sun sets beautifully every evening. The view from every room is stunning and cannot be surpassed!